2014 Dale Ride Application Form
Dale Ride Internship Program - 8-weeks in Washington, DC
Summer 2014 Application Deadline - November 1, 2013
Celebrating Over 20 Years of Opportunity!
The Dale Ride Internship honors the memory of Dr. Dale Ride, SMC professor of political science, administrator and political activist. This 8-week Washington, DC internship is intended to offer 4 to 6 SMC students a summer internship opportunity that:
- Enables students to participate in the legislative, political and administrative processes in governmental or public service agencies;
- Broaden students’ awareness of and vision in pursuing public service as a possible career; and,
- Complements the curriculum for both political science majors and those in other disciplines that have significant public service/public policy components with practical, intern experience.
2013 Dale Ride Interns
Robert Gonzalez, Madisson Goorman, Parker Jean, Scott Pine (l to r)
- Eight-week placement in a Washington, DC governmental or non-profit organization
- $2,000 stipend
- Travel to and from DC
- Housing at George Washington University
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be in good academic standing;
- be enrolled as a full-time student at SMC in the spring semester;
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0; and,
- have completed before the internship summer one of the following courses: Political Science 1 or 21; or History 11, 12, 16, 43, 46, or 52.
INTERNSHIP QUESTIONS? Email Charles A. Potts, Jr., firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.434.4180, you may also reference the Dale Ride FAQs.
SPONSOR AN INTERN
The SMCF invites individual and corporate sponsors to underwrite the $5,000 per student program.
For more information about sponsoring an intern, contact SMCF Associate Director, Charles A. Potts, Jr., 310.434.4180.
Cameron Hinton - Intern 2009