Donate Your Car, Motorcycle or Boat
Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, or boat to SMC by simply clicking the image
below and filling out the donation form. We'll reach out to you to arrange the pick-up
of your vehicle donation, at no cost to you. You may qualify for a tax deduction while
supporting a cause that is near and dear to your heart!
Vehicle donation pick-up is always free to you and most vehicles can be picked up within 24-72 hours. You'll receive an initial car donation receipt upon pick-up and then our team will work to turn your car into cash to support our cause. Once your vehicle is sold, we will provide you proper tax forms in time to file. Our friendly Customer Service Representatives are here 7 days a week to assist throughout the process.
Estate Gifts & Legacy Society
You can create a lasting legacy in support of student success and lifelong learning.
A deferred gift may be unrestricted and applied toward greatest needs, or designated
to support scholarships, an academic program or student services. The SMC Foundation
is happy to work with you to help ensure your wishes are made clear and honored. SMCF
honors a donor's stated intent for the use of a gift. Donors who wish to designate
the use of any gift, whether made during their life or through their estate, will
have that wish honored. It is best to contact Santa Monica College Foundation in advance
for assistance to ensure that your wishes are properly understood and documented.
Sample Bequest Language
For your convenience, we have provided commonly used language for bequests here.
When you inform us that you have included a gift to the SMC Foundation in your estate
plan, you will be included in our Legacy Society. Being a member of our Legacy Society still gives you the option to remain anonymous
in donor listings and publications. You may inform us of your intentions using this form or by contacting the foundation
office at (310) 434-4215. If you would like to designate your gift toward a program
or scholarships rather than "greatest need" it is advised that you inform the foundation
so that we may ensure you receive up to date information on the program(s) of interest
to you and their needs.
Legacy Society Benefits Include:
- Listing in Annual Report and on website (optional).
- Invitations to foundation special events including the annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony in June.
- Invitations to College special events including graduations and celebrations tied to programs of interest to you.
- Golf cart tour of campus.
- Small group lunch with student representatives annually.
Thank You to Our Legacy Society Members
Merle Arnold and Daniel Dickey
Bruce Hass Harwood♦
Kathryn Schuler Champagne
You can designate funds tothe SMCFoundation Fund for greatest current needs, anamedscholarship, academic program, orstudent aid fund (i.e., Meal Project). You can also designate Santa Monica College Foundationas a beneficiary of your donor advised fund.
How to make a grant/gift to Santa Monica College Foundation:
- Request a grant distribution through your DAF sponsor.
- Be sure to use Santa Monica College Foundation’s EIN # 95-6047779.
- Indicate how you would like your donation designated.
- SMC Foundation Fund, which is applied to greatest current needs.
- Named scholarship: Include the full name of the scholarship.
- Program: Includethefull name of the program. Examples include, SMC Emeritus, SMC Associates, Meal Project, Music Program, Film Program, etc.
- Indicate frequency: One-time donationor recurring (monthly, annually, etc.).
- Mailing Instructions:
Santa Monica College Foundation
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Additional questions? Contact Cheryl Ward at Ward_Cheryl@SMC.edu or 310-434-4293
Content goes here.