Your Giving Matters
1. SMC giving supports emergency needs of its students such as Meal Project/The Bodega and Giving Thanks(Giving)
2. Annual gifts provide flexibility that restricted gifts do not….The majority of gifts to SMC are restricted to programs, departments, and scholarships. Annual gifts can be used to address the GREATEST NEEDS as they come up.
3. SMC success depends on YOU! Private support fuels scholarships that allow our students to attend classes despite fee increases or personal economic situations. Private funding provides much needed funds for special programs, scholarships, internship programs, faculty grants for academic support and more.
4. A quality public education It has become clear that state-support alone cannot provide the quality of education or the diversity of programs our students deserve. Private funding is no longer an option—it is a necessity. Only with your support can we be assured that Santa Monica College will remain vital, strong, and the #1 community college in California.
5. SMC supports a diverse student body and diverse programming, from degree programs such as Education, Nursing and Public Policy Institute, to student organizations such as Adelante and Black Collegians, and our amazing Performing Arts programs. Your support provides the fuel to make them all happen.